- The purpose of this Program Announcement is to provide support for the development and validation of new animal models of NIDDK-relevant diseases where animal models are either inadequate or lacking. New and/or improved animal models should be designed to facilitate preclinical testing of diagnostic, preventive or therapeutic interventions.
- The NIDDK intends to fund up to 5-6 new grants per year in response to this Program Announcement. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the numbers, quality, duration, and costs of the applications received.
- R01 applications from qualified principal investigators are invited for projects designed to generate and validate new animal models of NIDDK-relevant diseases.
- For-profit and non-profit organizations are eligible, including public or private institutions, units of state and local governments, eligible agencies of the federal government, domestic or foreign institutions/organizations, and faith-based or community-based organizations.
- Investigators may submit more than one application, provided there is no scientific or budgetary overlap.
- Applications must be prepared using the PHS 398 research grant application instructions and forms (rev. 09/2004; http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/phs398/phs398.html).
- Telecommunications for the hearing impaired is available at: TTY 301-451-0088
Who can apply:
City Or Township Governments
Federally Recognized Indian Tribal Governments
Independent School Districts
Native American Organization
Non-Government - General
Nonprofits Having A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Nonprofits That Do Not Have A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Other Private Institution/Organization
Private Institutions Of Higher Education
Private Nonprofit Institution/Organization (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Public And State Controlled Institutions Of Higher Education
Public Housing Authorities/Indian Housing Authorities
Quasi-Public Nonprofit Institution/Organization
Small Business (Less Than 500 Employees
Special District Governments
State (Includes District Of Columbia; Includes Institutions Of Higher Education And Hospitals)
U.S. Territories And Possessions (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Eligible functional categories:
Allergy, Immunology and Transplantation Research
Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism Research
Digestive Diseases and Nutrition Research
Kidney Diseases, Urology and Hematology Research
If you have problems accessing the full announcement, please contact:
NIH OER Webmaster